On Tuesday, I took a road trip, with child in tow, to Manhattan to visit my college Alma Mater...Manhattan Christian College. Just driving up the block of college that it is, I noticed so many changes. Houses that were once there, including "The Pit" were gone and in place of those was just grass. Jolliffe Hall is being transformed into a beautiful new building, the campus center has had some updates to it, the dorms (well at least the girls dorm) is the same but with a few additions to the lobby (t.v., more furniture, decor). And yet it still felt the same to me when I was there years ago.
I attended chapel but due to an active child who is walking everywhere, we had to leave after worship was done. So Caeden and I walked around in the campus center for a long time and I was able to catch up with some familiar faces while I was out there. I didn't realize how much I had missed chapel. For me, it was a time to worship with fellow classmates, administration, and faculty. Seeing your professors worship, and living out what they taught, was such an awesome thing to see (at least for me anyway).
On my drive home, I thought about many more things. Dorm devos, banquets, classes that I liked/disliked, soccer games, d-groups, "parties" at the Palace, curfew, sneaking out and getting campused (okay, I was campused 2 times so that may not apply to anyone else), skip day, Kerusso Days...and on and on.
I truly miss my friendships that I made while at MCC. They are still important to me now and am thankful that they are still apart of my life. Whether they are in Arizona, Texas, Kansas, or even Africa...there is no distance too far for these friendships.
We offer thee, Manhattan,
Our pledge of loyalty,
For Christ’s eternal kingdom
The finest we can be.
Our college and our Master
To serve courageously,
Manhattan, Alma Mater,
Hail, all hail to thee.
I attended chapel but due to an active child who is walking everywhere, we had to leave after worship was done. So Caeden and I walked around in the campus center for a long time and I was able to catch up with some familiar faces while I was out there. I didn't realize how much I had missed chapel. For me, it was a time to worship with fellow classmates, administration, and faculty. Seeing your professors worship, and living out what they taught, was such an awesome thing to see (at least for me anyway).
On my drive home, I thought about many more things. Dorm devos, banquets, classes that I liked/disliked, soccer games, d-groups, "parties" at the Palace, curfew, sneaking out and getting campused (okay, I was campused 2 times so that may not apply to anyone else), skip day, Kerusso Days...and on and on.
I truly miss my friendships that I made while at MCC. They are still important to me now and am thankful that they are still apart of my life. Whether they are in Arizona, Texas, Kansas, or even Africa...there is no distance too far for these friendships.
We offer thee, Manhattan,
Our pledge of loyalty,
For Christ’s eternal kingdom
The finest we can be.
Our college and our Master
To serve courageously,
Manhattan, Alma Mater,
Hail, all hail to thee.
Yay for Jamie!!!! I love the look and feel of the blog, and am so excited for your to start this journey. I hope blogging will benefit you as much as it has me......
ReplyDeleteAs for MCC and the impact it had/has on your life, I just had this conversation with Heidi today. Last night I was so overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have the relationships in my life I have from MCC... the bond is quite powerful, and most certainly life-changing!
Sure wish I could have joined you at chapel...
James! I love the blog! I have added it to my favorites and will be checking in regularly! :) I'm so glad you had a good time at MCC...those are years I wouldn't trade for anything.
ReplyDeleteOh MCC, how I miss that place. The simplicity of life, the depth of friendships, the amount of knowledge, feeling Christ's love daily...what an awesome place! Glad you were able to go, wish I could have joined you.
ReplyDelete