Sunday, May 24, 2009

Time Flies




* I am finally posting the entry that I've had written since May!

Caeden turned the big 1 yesterday. I woke up around 7:00am thinking, wow, a year ago, I was in labor and probably thinking that was the worst thing I've ever had to do in my life. I went and got his scrapbook that I have been working on for the past year, and re-lived those moments when I first held Caeden.

At 7:30am on May 23rd 2008, the nurses laid a precious little life in my arms. I thought I had prepared myself for this moment, but when it actually happens your world just turns up side down, with joy of course. I remember my parents, and Allan being in there with me all smiling, and crying. My mom of course was saying, "He's precious Jamie, he's precious." She held my hand as tears of joy streamed down her face. I knew this was such a special time for her because her cancer had come back right when we found out we were pregnant with Caeden, and she prayed that she would make it to his birth. She obviously has made it to his one year birthday, with a few new challenges.

As I reflect on this past year, I am thankful that we actually got through it. I have no idea how I could have done it without my husband. Taking care of a child takes two people...and sometimes more than that! I can remember Allan being "Super Dad" and "Super Husband" following Caeden's birth. We've learned how important communication is, and we've learned that we have to work together. The first few weeks of Caeden being home were the roughest days that we had ever been through since we'd been married. We look back and can laugh now at our freakouts and our worries about how we were going to do this!

He's been such a blessing to us, and to both our families. We can't imagine life without him. Everyday brings it's new challenges, but we so fortunate to have been given the chance to raise Caeden and to teach him how to love Jesus. Allan and I both strive to be Christ-like role models to him. We are exciting to see what plans God has in store for Caeden, and what he will be like in the future.

Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Jamie! It brought tears to my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete