She tolerated the treatments well, but towards the end of her treatments we started to see her energy slow down, and some weakness. She had the normal side affects that go along with the intense radiation therapy. She also continued her regular 3 week chemotherapy cycle and tolerated that well, along with the radiation.
She is scheduled to have an MRI done on August 5th to see about the 2 spots on the front of her brain. They waited a few weeks after she was done with radiation to do the MRI since radiation remains in your body for 4-6 weeks and is "still working". Hopefully the MRI shows nothing and she will not have to have anymore radiation. Which thankfully, if the spots are still there, she does have the option of going to Kansas City to do more targeted radiation.
On Monday she will be getting a port put in, for those of you that don't know what that is, go here. Basically it will be an alternative way for her to receive chemo. It is very common among chemo patients, and is also compatible when she has to go get CT scans, or give simple bloodwork. It will be a minor, outpatient surgery.
She is back to doing regular activities and doing as much as she can. I will hopefully update next week once we have the results. Thank you for continuing to pray for my mom and for my family. We appreciate it!
Jamie
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Oh Jamie. It's so exhausting. I will be praying for you...and luckily I get lost of updates from my mom through her Bible Study. I'll be praying for you, as well. She's so lucky to have you close by.
ReplyDeleteJamie;
ReplyDeleteYour mom has a wonderful daughter ;). My prayers
for you both.